Are you inspired?
As an independent, family owned and operated company, Kalesnikoff thinks in terms of generations, not quarters. We recognize that people are our most valuable resource. As we continue to grow our fully-integrated mass timber and sawmill company, we’re searching for individuals who enjoy a hands-on approach to work tasks and thrive in a team-based environment.
Forklift operator role and objective:
Kalesnikoff has opportunities for forklift operators to join the lumber manufacturing team at our sawmill and planer operations between Nelson and Castlegar, BC. Forklift Certification will be achieved through onsite training offered by Kalesnikoff.
- Sorting and storing rough lumber units produced by sawmill and finished units produced by planer
- Managing safely stored and accurately tracked inventories through our yard and into shipments
- Assist in kiln loading, and learn responsibilities of a kiln operator
- Assist in lumber shipments, and learn the responsibilities of a shipper
- Previous experience operating forklift in lumber manufacturing environment
- Proven track record of showcasing a high level of safety awareness
- Proven track record of showcasing strong team skills
- Mature and able to work unsupervised
- High personal standard for quality of work
- Ability to maintain safe working behaviors and organization in a fast-paced and consistently evolving environment
- Commitment to getting the job done and working longer hours as needed
- Valid driver’s license and own method of personal transport
Contact information/how to apply:
Yesterday and today:
Since 1939 and over four generations, our team has been inspired by forests and the endless possibilities for designing and building with wood. From seedlings to solutions, we practice sustainable forest management and are dedicated to preserving the beautiful environment in which we live and work. With one of the cleanest and most well-managed, high-technology specialty mills in B.C. and our world-class mass timber facility, we are committed to supporting our customers, communities and environment while producing some of the finest products in the world.
About our Kootenay home:
Are the mountains calling you? From beautiful parks and forests, pristine lakes, breathtaking valleys and stunning mountain ranges, the West Kootenay region is a highly desired and special place to call home. With an abundance of recreation – including ski areas, golf courses, hot springs, and endless hiking, biking and other outdoor activities – the Kootenays isn’t just a region, it’s a lifestyle. Our vibrant mountain towns are full of arts, culture, food, history and caring communities. What are you doing after work today?