Millwright Kalesnikoff Mass Timber
Are you inspired?
As an independent, family owned and operated company, Kalesnikoff thinks in terms of generations, not quarters. We recognize that people are our most valuable resource. As we continue to grow our fully-integrated mass timber and sawmill company, we’re searching for individuals who enjoy a hands-on approach to work tasks and thrive in a team-based environment.
Millwright role and objective:
Kalesnikoff has an opportunity for a Red Seal millwright with experience in mechanical operations to join our mass timber team at our facility between Nelson and Castlegar, BC.
- Troubleshoot industrial machinery and equipment
- Suggest methods of improvement to equipment
- Inspect and examine machinery to troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions
- Operate tools to fabricate parts
- Participate in preventative maintenance program and help create programs for new equipment as built
- Repair equipment in a timely manner
- Interpret technical manuals and drawings
- Complete detailed work orders/commissioning documentation
- Maintain hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Minimum five years in mechanical role(s)
- Red Seal certification
- Experience with mobile equipment, aerial platforms and forklifts
- Strong pneumatic and hydraulic aptitude
- Comfortable working with computers
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Contact information/ how to apply:
Yesterday and today:
For over 80 years and four generations, our team has been inspired by forests and the endless possibilities for designing and building with wood. We began as a horse-logging operation in 1939 and have grown to become North America’s most-advanced, vertically-integrated, multi-species mass timber facility and one of the best-managed, high-technology mills in the province. From seedlings to solutions, we see our products through the entire process – from forest management, log optimization, specialty drying and finishing, custom designing and mass timber manufacturing to customer delivery.
About our Kootenay home:
Are the mountains calling you? From beautiful parks and forests, pristine lakes, breathtaking valleys and stunning mountain ranges, the West Kootenay region is a highly desired and special place to call home. With an abundance of recreation including ski areas, golf courses, hot springs, and endless hiking, biking and other outdoor activities, the Kootenays isn’t just a region, it’s a lifestyle. Our vibrant mountain towns are full of arts, culture, food, history and caring communities. What are you doing after work today?