Quality Assurance Technician
Are you inspired?
As an independent, family owned and operated company, Kalesnikoff thinks in terms of generations, not quarters. We recognize that people are our most valuable resource. As we continue to grow our fully-integrated mass timber and sawmill company, we’re searching for individuals who enjoy a hands-on approach to work tasks and thrive in a team-based environment. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity.
Quality Assurance Technician role and objective:
• Guarantee we produce superior quality products across all operations
• Carry out laboratory testing to ensure the structural integrity of our products
• Conduct daily quality control audits across operations
• Observe systems and processes and provide recommendations for improvements
• Ensure operational excellence in quality control, data management, inventory control and manufacturing
• Identify and communicate key indicators of performance
• High school graduate
• Post-secondary studies in forestry, wood science, or manufacturing would be an asset
• Broad business acumen
• Strong strategic thinking abilities
• Self starter
• Problem solving skills
Yesterday and today:
For over 80 years and four generations, our team has been inspired by forests and the endless possibilities for designing and building with wood. We began as a horse-logging operation in 1939 and have grown to become North America’s most-advanced, vertically-integrated, multi-species mass timber facility and one of the best-managed, high-technology mills in the province. From seedlings to solutions, we see our products through the entire process – from forest management, log optimization, specialty drying and finishing, custom designing and mass timber manufacturing to customer delivery.
About our Kootenay home:
Are the mountains calling you? From beautiful parks and forests, pristine lakes, breathtaking valleys and stunning mountain ranges, the West Kootenay region is a highly desired and special place to call home. With an abundance of recreation including ski areas, golf courses, hot springs, and endless hiking, biking and other outdoor activities, the Kootenays isn’t just a region, it’s a lifestyle. Our vibrant mountain towns are full of arts, culture, food, history and caring communities. What are you doing after work today?