Senior Manager, Mass Timber Sales
Are you inspired?
For over 80 years and four generations, our family has been inspired by forests and the endless possibilities for designing and building with wood. We began as a horse-logging operation in 1939 and have grown to become an industry-leading mass timber provider with a high-tech sawmill. From seedlings to solutions, we see our products through the entire process — from forest management to manufacturing, design, prefabrication, and delivery.
As an independent, family-owned, and operated company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. As we continue to grow, we’re searching for individuals who enjoy a hands-on approach to work tasks and thrive in a team-based environment.
At Kalesnikoff, working safely is an expectation. In your role you will have the time and resources needed to meet that expectation.
Role and objectives:
The Senior Manager, Mass Timber Sales, under the direction of the Director, Design & Construction, is responsible for building key customer relationships with new and existing clients and converting market opportunities into mass timber projects. The Senior Manager, Mass Timber Sales will work with staff from various departments within the organization to increase sales opportunities and maximize revenue specifically related to Mass Timber Projects.
The successful applicant will have a broad interest in the emerging mass timber industry, sustainable forestry, and built environment. A strong understanding of mass timber technology and experience in identifying growth opportunities is considered an asset.
- Identify mass timber project opportunities through diverse sales channels
- Pursue mass timber project opportunities in close collaboration with Kalesnikoff Mass Timber (KMT) estimating and project delivery teams to ensure project offerings are suitable for KMT’s order file and competitive in the marketplace
- Convert mass timber project opportunities into confirmed projects aligned with the organization’s revenue and profitability targets
- Assist with the development and evolution of the organization’s sales strategy, reflective of relevant market dynamics, enterprise needs, etc.
- Model and champion corporate values and mission to KMT’s customer base and industry at large
- Work closely with other departments within KMT to develop and refine sales strategy and assure congruence with operational needs
- Interface with Senior Leadership Team in order to refine sales priorities and targets based on organizational strategy and initiatives
- Assist in developing an annual budget for markets and product lines aligned with the organization’s overall objectives
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies as necessary
- Focus on continuing to build key customer relationships with new and existing clients
- Take a leadership role in the negotiation of Commitments, ranging from Purchase Orders to Subcontracts and Master Agreements
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s sales management system
- Represent the company at industry events, business forums and other related events
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institute and/or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of management experience
- 5 years of experience in a related technical field (i.e. construction, engineering, architecture, manufacturing, etc.) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service
- Experience with developing sales strategy and product development plans
- Mass Timber experience is considered an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written
- Up to 15% travel required
You can expect these great benefits:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Extended health benefits including health, dental, vision, travel, Health Spending Account and RRSP program
- Team building and social events
- Training, development, and mentorship opportunities
- Opportunity to advance in your career
- Work-life balance
- A great culture where we truly value our employees
How to apply:
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to . Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
About our Kootenay home:
Are the mountains calling you? From beautiful parks and forests, pristine lakes, breathtaking valleys and stunning mountain ranges, the West Kootenay region is a highly desired and special place to call home. With an abundance of recreation including ski areas, golf courses, hot springs, and endless hiking, biking and other outdoor activities, the Kootenays isn’t just a region, it’s a lifestyle. Our vibrant mountain towns are full of arts, culture, food, history and caring communities. What are you doing after work today?
Equal opportunity commitment:
Kalesnikoff is a committed equal opportunity employer. Kalesnikoff’s recruitment strategy is designed to attract the best person for each position, to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants, and to promote our corporate vision and culture. When considering applicants for positions within our Company, only job-related criteria such as ability, merit and responsibility are used to evaluate applicants. Kalesnikoff prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
Kalesnikoff is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. Kalesnikoff believes in integration and equal opportunity. Kalesnikoff is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by identifying barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility standards in accordance with applicable law.