For over 80 years and four generations, our family has been inspired by forests and the endless possibilities for designing and building with wood. We began as a horse-logging operation in 1939 and have grown to become an industry-leading mass timber provider with a high-tech sawmill. From seedlings to solutions, we see our products through the entire process — from forest management to manufacturing, design, prefabrication, and delivery.
As an independent, family-owned, and operated company, we recognize that people are our most valuable resource. As we continue to grow, we’re searching for individuals who enjoy a hands-on approach to work tasks and thrive in a team-based environment.
At Kalesnikoff, working safely is an expectation. In your role you will have the time and resources needed to meet that expectation.
Role and objectives:
We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to provide analysis and support of our core business system for Kalesnikoff Lumber and Mass Timber. This role is required onsite in the West Kootenays (10 mins south of Nelson, BC). As the Business Analyst, you will bridge user needs and IT solutions, utilizing strong advisory, IT, and business knowledge. You will gather requirements, propose solutions, and collaborate with various teams to optimize business processes. Additionally, you will participate in solution sessions, resolve system issues, and maintain ERP knowledge. The ideal candidate has 5+ years of business analysis experience, a career background that includes working with an industrial manufacturing business, and excellent communication skills.
- Research and review processes that support business functions and system requirements.
- Flowchart business processes to define operational activities, procedures, and models.
- Collaborate with project managers, system owners, and end users to further refine business operations requirements and goals.
- Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of business processes and develop strategies for enhancing them.
- Identify omissions and errors in business requirements by conducting feasibility studies.
- Evaluate findings to develop new processes.
- Create and/or prototype new procedures to enhance business processes, operations, and data flow.
- Perform analysis of job impact on business users; monitor impact scenarios throughout development and implementation life cycles.
- Design, develop, and distribute training for impacted business users.
- Integrate new or revised business processes for incorporation into strategic decision making.
- Prepare technical reports for use by IT staff personnel in support of technical services activities.
- Manage and coordinate research and/or survey databases, as applicable.
- Perform data analyses as requested; develop and present ad hoc reports in support of various business process initiatives both internally and externally.
- Provide consultative and technical support to the executive team and other strategic decision-making groups.
- Conduct system requirements and regression testing.
- Manage, coordinate, and evaluate the efforts of third-party consultants engaged in contracted business process activities.
- 5+ years’ direct work experience as a business analyst
- University degree in computer science, finance, or business administration required, with a master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing business and technical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience modeling and mapping business processes using proven methodologies and models.
- Expertise in designing, developing, and implementing re-engineered business processes and associated software and hardware.
- Direct knowledge of database management and various data retrieval methodologies, including data importing to spreadsheets, graphs, etc.
- Able to write operational procedures in both technical and user-oriented language.
- Ability to troubleshoot business process changes, errors, and subsequent modifications; must be able to do this with the work of other analysts.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes.
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from superiors.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Knowledge of service level agreements and customer service standards.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
You can expect these great benefits:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Extended health benefits including health, dental, vision, travel, Health Spending Account and RRSP program
- Team building and social events
- Training, development, and mentorship opportunities
- Opportunity to advance in your career
- Work-life balance
- A great culture where we truly value our employees
How to apply:
About our Kootenay home:
Are the mountains calling you? From beautiful parks and forests, pristine lakes, breathtaking valleys and stunning mountain ranges, the West Kootenay region is a highly desired and special place to call home. With an abundance of recreation including ski areas, golf courses, hot springs, and endless hiking, biking, and other outdoor activities, the Kootenays isn’t just a region, it’s a lifestyle. Our vibrant mountain towns are full of arts, culture, food, history, and caring communities. What are you doing after work today?
Equal opportunity commitment:
Kalesnikoff is a committed equal opportunity employer. Kalesnikoff’s recruitment strategy is designed to attract the best person for each position, to ensure equality of opportunity for all applicants, and to promote our corporate vision and culture. When considering applicants for positions within our Company, only job-related criteria such as ability, merit and responsibility are used to evaluate applicants. Kalesnikoff prohibits discrimination and harassment on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable law.
Kalesnikoff is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. Kalesnikoff believes in integration and equal opportunity. Kalesnikoff is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities in a timely manner and will do so by identifying barriers to accessibility and meeting accessibility standards in accordance with applicable law.